CodeChef — ICPC: Why do you even care?

Revision en1, by tumse_na_ho_payega_beta, 2018-10-24 11:12:43

Teams solving 2 questions and not qualified: You seem to be the ones bitching the most. Let's get real. This contest is meant for choosing the best Indian teams we can find for world's, and not to appease your egos. While ICPC does try to maximize college participation (which is why the first 2 questions even exist. What? Were you feeling very accomplished after solving those?), the overall goal of the contests is to identify the best possible teams. Any decent team would have probably solved atleast one of the last 3 questions Yes, people have bad days sometimes, but please be realistic. ICPC is meant to be a team contest, and I find it hard to believe all 3 of you were having a day day together. I sympathize with you if you were the carry of your team and had a bad day, but that is obviously not the way to approach team contests. There were teams in your college who either solved more questions than you (in which case you better not be ranting here), or just did it faster (in which case they are equally, if not more, competent) and are probably better suited to be representing your college at the regionals. Would having an additional easy-medium question have changed the outcome for you? Maybe. Maybe not. You surely can't be delusional enough to believe that the team from your own college which beat you wouldn't have benefited from that question as well. I'm fairly certain that all teams which stood a chance at world's have made it through with the current question set.

Teams solving 1 question and not qualified: I honestly don't think you should be ranting. I can attribute 2 questions to a bad day. But 1? Seriously? 3 people, 3 hours, and the whole internet at your disposal, and the best you could do you was 1 super easy question? Yes, the team that did qualify from your college also did so at just one question. But why do you even care? I am fairly confident that you (or them) are not at a level where your participation in the regionals would have mattered for the world's. Two more words for you: Git gud.

Teams breaking monitors: You seem hurt. Relax. The contest will probably have a replay round soon with the same questions. You should all probably just sit down individually and attempt the questions you couldn't solve with a calm head. They really weren't that hard.

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en1 English tumse_na_ho_payega_beta 2018-10-24 11:12:43 2434 Initial revision (published)