How to advertise competitive programming?

Revision en2, by mohmahkho, 2019-10-01 22:45:00

Hi!

I'm a member of the ACM-ICPC community of my university. As this semester started, new students came to our university. The community of ACM-ICPC at my university is quite small. Consequently, we (me and my teammates) decided to advertise these competitions to newcomers and try to attract them. We're mainly focused on ACM-ICPC. I think that most people that are doing competitive programming, are doing it because they find it fun and also they enjoy solving problems (sounds true for me). Now I was looking for some advice on how to actually introduce competitive programming to a person that may have never tried it before. Any opinions on how to attract people to CP are welcomed. Here are mine :

• Explain the joy of solving problems (of course that would be hard if they have never done it before).
  • Mention the benefits of being a competitive programmer (e.g. it will be easy to pass coding interviews).
  • It worth giving a try! (actually, the whole post is about this!)

But here is the problem. I don't think that these "reasonings" attract people. So what to do?

Tags #acm-icpc, #advice

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en2 English mohmahkho 2019-10-01 22:45:00 205 Tiny change: 'this!)\n\nBut here' -> 'this!)\n\nI k\nBut here' (published)
en1 English mohmahkho 2019-09-30 11:23:29 969 Initial revision (saved to drafts)