Why Top Coders could not perform well ?

Revision en1, by temp_ac, 2020-04-18 09:49:58

I just want to talk about the this ( Codeforces Round #635 Div 1 ) contest. As we can see that the writers in this contests were EternalAlexander , ustze , and Sulfox

Also we can note that the maximum ratings of all these three writers are 2200, 2112, and 2529 ( And for getting this much ratings, these writers have faced many ups and downs too in their past contests ) correspondingly. And from these ratings, it might not be wrong to say that these writers have some lesser knowledge than Codeforces LGMs.

My question might be very weird, but I would be happy if someone could give a better explanation. I just want to know that why any of the Codeforces top LGMs ( except maroonrk ) could not participate well/good ( could not even solve 5 problems out of 7 problems ) in this contest ?

It might not be wrong to say and expect that the top LGMs have much more knowledge than these writers because as we can see that the difference between the ratings of these three writers and codeforces LGMs are really huge.

This is the contest Final Standings : Final_Standings

Please someone explain this as I am very eager to know the reason behind this.

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en1 English temp_ac 2020-04-18 09:49:58 1365 Initial revision (published)