Пожалуйста, подпишитесь на официальный канал Codeforces в Telegram по ссылке https://t.me/codeforces_official. ×

My first 100 days into CP on Code Forces

Правка en4, от EigenFunk, 2020-05-11 17:33:16

My key takeaways

Other people are smart too. With my current rating of #1271 at least 80% of the active accounts are more efficient in solving contests.

Do I mind? Ask Hulk!

OK, seriously: My key takeaways

Speed is key, get all obstacles out of your way.

In my case of a java developer and IntelliJ user it meant installing Egor Kulikov's CHelper. Be sure to manually install the latest beta version.

Besides this I find Jasper van Merle's Chrome Plugin Competitive Companion very helpful. It's a one click to parse a problemset and start coding in the ide.

Speed is key, for now solving the easy faster is more important than solving the harder.

The Filter on the Problemset page is great to find the right problems to practice on. Keep an eye on the sorting and use the 'tag' function to search for more specific.

If you get stuck on a problem, like you don't have a clue after half an hour, don't hesitate to read the Tutorial that the contest provides.

Once your submission got accepted might be a good time to check how others approached the problem. The status page of a problem, e.g.: Problem 4A — Watermelon allows to do just that. The link in the first column on that page leads to that specific submission. The filter allows to select for the programming language and the sorting helps to find solutions that were faster or used less memory.

Speed is key, try to get it right in you mind before you run the tests.

I have a tendency just run the tests to find out how far off my current solution is. I have the impression that it might be more efficient to get things right in your head before doing that. Even worse are debugging sessions, so take a step back if you find yourself doing the DebugSteppingDance to often.

My 50ct

Теги guide, tutorial

История

Правки

Rev. Язык Кто Когда Δ Комментарий
en5 Английский EigenFunk 2020-05-11 17:41:19 145 Tiny change: '/A)\n\n### OK, se' -> '/A)\n\n#### OK, se' (published)
en4 Английский EigenFunk 2020-05-11 17:33:16 2140
en3 Английский EigenFunk 2020-04-29 10:38:12 40 Tiny change: 'rome\n\n\n' -> 'rome\n\n\nlook at performance, time and memory\n\n'
en2 Английский EigenFunk 2020-04-29 00:20:40 190
en1 Английский EigenFunk 2020-04-29 00:07:42 343 Initial revision (saved to drafts)