University advice

Revision en2, by LionMan101, 2021-05-21 17:27:50

Hello, everyone. In one year I'll have to pick a university for a bachelor's degree in computer science, it can be anything except web development. After doing some research, I realized that nearly all the universities are more focused on making money than teaching students. The universities would ask for a minimum 15.000$/year up to 45.000$/year and since that's a lot of money for me I'm thinking about if that is worth for me since I'm an autodidact person. Also, I checked if there are some scholarships available if you are a great student, for example, qualifying for the IOI or getting medals at the national stage, and most of them didn't care about this at all and the rest of them would give you a 20%-30% discount, maximum 50%. As I previously said, they are so focused on making money rather than being focused on teaching, and since I don't like this, I don't wanna be part of this and give my money to such universities. Based on your experience, do you think the people hiring care about the certificates you have or just your knowledge? (In IT). At what universities were you guys and if you have any recommendations of some universities in which what you are learning it's actually useful, not wasting your time and money. And if you have any advice for me and for the rest of the persons in my situation.

Tags #university

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en2 English LionMan101 2021-05-21 17:27:50 0 Tiny change: 'rsities.\n Based on y' -> 'rsities.\nBased on y' (published)
en1 English LionMan101 2021-05-21 17:26:21 1356 Initial revision (saved to drafts)