Petition to change Bugabooset back to Problemset (with valid reasons)

Revision en1, by demoralizer, 2021-06-05 17:39:46

So long story short, Problemset got renamed to Bugabooset. (Full story if you're interested)

Don't get me wrong, I personally find it extremely amazing, but I still want this change to be reverted.

I have some valid reasons:-

• Whenever some newcomer asks me for advice... I say something like, "Go to the Codeforces Problemset and sort the problems by difficulty and then solve a few everyday", now recently what is happening is that, a lot of newcomers can't find the problemset (because it does not exist anymore!!).
  • If I tell them to go to the bugabooset, they will ask me what is that and what it means, and that's one story that I do not want to explain to someone for the 348th time!
  • The link still points to "http://codeforces.com/problemset", I think this discrepancy is very confusing... Now some might say, we can change it to "http://codeforces.com/bugabooset" but that'll unnecessarily ruin many people's bookmarks (unless old links redirect to the new ones, ok yeah, this one is a moot point tbh)
  • Regarding the problem vs question debate: The actual victims are pretty much unaffected by this change. My point is- If they called them "questions" when "problemset" existed, what makes you think they will call them "bugaboos" now? They won't! They'll still call it "question" and many people will still call it "problem" and only the few woke people will call it "bugaboo".
  • I can foresee that somewhere in the future, some Legendary Grandmaster might write a blog saying that people who say "bugaboo" have high ratings and people who say "question" or "problem" don't. So this solution, isn't really a solution at all... It'll just cause even more problems(or more bugaboos idk).
  • Lastly, and this one is the only actual valid reason (and also the only reason that was required): IT IS EXTREMELY CONFUSING to the newcomers, they have no clue what all this means. I agree it's extremely hilarious and I appreciate it, but most of us (except maybe a few geneosities) are at least 10 years old! And this type of a joke HAS TO get old someday or the other.

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en1 English demoralizer 2021-06-05 17:39:46 2219 Initial revision (published)