I've had enough

Revision en1, by ElectroMaster3, 2021-08-20 10:49:45

today marks my 1 year of competitive programming experience and i did not feel satisfied for the time i've invested for this activity.My performance is really unstable and i did not find a solution for my problem.it is really sad since when i started c++ i felt really enthusiastic to become a grandmaster but turns out i can't even break the barrier of newbie in 1 year.

The first time i went to this website is around 1 month after i started c++.i saw so many great problems and feel really eager to solve every one of them.but i was lazy for few months and decided to change account to this.Being determined to improve,i tried to practice everyday,saw how people code,met new friends and tried to learn new technique everyday.I always feel something is missing when i did not solve a problem in a day.

Thus begin my struggle.I could not solve a problem in a contest,or if i did,i can solve 1-2 problems slowly.i was very confused because i've been practicing problems yet i'm still inconsistent.You can check my contest history.After the contest was over,i waited until the problem rating appears.turns out i could not solve problems that are 800 rated.800 rated is the easiest problem in codeforces but somehow i could not solve it.So i deciced to grind 800-1000 rated problems.

After solving tons of problems in 800-1000 i still feel like nothing's clicking on my mind.i tried to seek help but nothing really helps me.i tried to gain positivity.i always say to myself i can do it.but in reality,i could not.i tried to join contest as much as possible but nothing really changes.it is just me struggling to get to 1000 rating.

After struggling,my friends said that i need to take a break and enjoy life more.i followed their suggestion.i play games at the time when i usually grind.i only study 1 hour a day.i gained a little bit of happiness but my performance dropped.u can see from my graph it went from 900 to 688.

i feel like this is the right time to quit codeforces as i do not know what to do anymore.Everyone says practice makes better and here i am,being one of the example that practice is not always gonna help.sometimes,giving up is an option.

goodbye

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en1 English ElectroMaster3 2021-08-20 10:49:45 2213 Initial revision (published)