how not to be scared of problem c and above

Revision en1, by mac_n_cheese_pog, 2021-08-30 08:43:50

i have found my real problem in cp.not dp not implementation but more like psychological effect.i dont really know if a blog similar to this exist but im just going to make one anyway.

it all started on my first ccontest on other judge.where i felt confident enough to solve 3 problems.without any knowledge on any algorithm.at this time i just learnt how to take sum of multiple numbers.

long story short,the contest started.i immediately do problem A.it was pretty easy.now i come to problem b.it looks pretty easy so i immediately tried.at first i cant implement it.so i did a quick google search.i found one solution but it didnt fit time limit.it was linear search.after long time,i decided to give up and see the editorial.i found out that it needed n log n binary search or two pointers.i felt really sad.failed to solve 3 problems like what i expected.

then i joined codeforces.after reading some binary search and done a few problems i joined another contest.i thought the previous one was just a bad day for me.but turns out i was still unable to do problem c.it was really hard like it looks easy if u do it on paper but for coding part,rlly hard ngl.

this cycle continues until now and idk what to do.even on practice i feel scared of trying 1300+ like i know that my solution will fail and eventually waste my time.while in contrary if u dont try u wont be able to do it.

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en1 English mac_n_cheese_pog 2021-08-30 08:43:50 1445 Initial revision (published)