Companies interested in Competitive Programming background?
Difference between en1 and en2, changed 989 character(s)
Hello everyone!↵

I
 know a lot of companies are interested in competitive programming background profiles, and I wanted to ask if any of you know of any'm reaching out to ask for your help in finding companies that are currently hiring new graduates with this type of background. Thanks for any answer, and I will leave a bit of background of where all of this is coming from in my life.↵

I am writing here after recieving
a competitive programming background. I recently received news from Google and Meta that they willould not be able to extend me an offer due to business reasons, even after interning there and doing a good job (Meta), or getting through all ofdespite having interned at Meta and successfully completing the interview process (with Google).↵

IAs am recently graduated and now I don't know what to do. I am on the lookout for a job to start learning and growing professionally, but due to, I am eager to start my professional career and continue learning and growing. However, given the current US economic situation I have struggled toin the US and other countries, finding job openings, even interviews are really tough to get now. Same story in the other countries, and and securing interviews has been a significant challenge. Additionally, finding sponsors for visas ishas been another issue too. hurdle to overcome.

I have experience 
working in big tech (4, having completed four internships at Meta), and a lot ofI also have a strong background in competitive programming background (2, including two ICPC WF, IOI), and and IOI competitions. I know that this sometimes is a good profile to at least get some intervtype of profile can be attractive to companiews, I just don't knowbut I am unsure where to look now.↵

Thank
s everyone for your help, and I can also guess a lot you all for any assistance you can provide. I understand that many of youus are in afacing similar struggles, but hope everyone can finf something good where they canwe can all find opportunities to develop professionally too :)and achieve our goals.

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en6 English Diegogrc 2023-05-23 18:55:56 11 Tiny change: 'ackenzie\n\nNote: ' -> 'ackenzie\n- QuantCo\n\nNote: '
en5 English Diegogrc 2023-05-23 18:53:36 1046
en4 English Diegogrc 2023-03-13 21:11:06 7
en3 English Diegogrc 2023-03-12 23:32:56 13
en2 English Diegogrc 2023-03-12 23:27:35 989 adjustments
en1 English Diegogrc 2023-03-12 23:26:03 1412 Initial post (published)