[feature] Inactivity rating decrease
Difference between en2 and en3, changed 1 character(s)
I would like to propose a new feature related to the rating of every user, maybe it could help to not have rating inflation, which is a topic some people complained about. Feel free to comment if you like it or not.↵

There are many people here in this community that stop taking part into contest after reaching some goal, me included, which is fine, although a little bit unfair if you think about other people still taking part into contests.↵

If you have ever played a very competitive game, like League of Legends (LoL), after you reach some spot (like high rating), you need to keep playing, otherwise your raking (rating) will automatically decrease.↵

I don't know how much rating and amount of time would be fair to analyze. Something like, you lo
ose 1% of your current rating every month that you have no participation in contests. I know there are not many contests for Division 1, it could be a little bit more flexible, keeping track if you took part into any of the last 10 contests, for example.↵

If I'm not mistaken, as you keep growing your ranks in LoL, this feature is even more harsh, it would require you to play every week, otherwise you will lose points.↵

What do you think about it?

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en3 English gardusig 2019-10-17 00:06:45 1 Tiny change: 'ke, you loose 1% of ' -> 'ke, you lose 1% of '
en2 English gardusig 2019-10-17 00:05:36 258
en1 English gardusig 2019-10-17 00:02:09 1288 Initial revision (published)