As many of you I'm not really satisfied how the round 497 has ran. KAN is not working on Codeforces this month, he is out of the city. It was a first round coordinated by arsijo. I liked his enthusiasm and work he did. But it happened, it wasn't an example of a well-prepared round.
The main issues are as follows:
- The problem statement in the problem A wasn't clear enough (actually, it didn't contain any mistakes, just wasn't easy to understand).
- The improper example to illustrate the problem B (no mistake here, but it has confused some users).
- I really didn't like the statement of the problem D2D/D1B. I agree it wasn't good. Again it didn't contain any mistakes, but it was hard to understand it quickly. Also I did the incorrect announcement (but it was fixed quickly).
- The incorrect behavior of the interactor in the problem D2E/D1C (Time Limit Exceeded/Idleness Limit Exceeded on too many queries instead of Wrong Answer).
- The huge gap in the difficulty between the D2C and the D2D.
Right now, I'm really do not sure, should the round be a rated or not. What is your opinion about it? The current idea of the writers and the coordinator to make it unrated for whose, who got incorrect verdict on D2E/D1C.
Anyway, I'd like to say “thanks” to the problem writers, testers and the coordinator arsijo. They really tried to make a good round. I hope to see more rounds from Skyglow and coordinated by arsijo. I'm sure they made proper conclusions from the round.
UPD: Thank you for sharing your opinion. The round is rated.