CodePal is made to help Codeforces Users Code with Convenience. This extension is especially for people who want to save time in a live codeforces contest and upsolve problems comfortably. This extension responds quickly to users. It can swiftly filter through the problem list by specifying tags and ratings, create folders for contests and problems containing sample tests of each problem in them and compile and run tests automatically. For added convenience, we've created buttons to directly open problem statements and submission pages on the default browser.
Current Features of this Extension
- View Complete ProblemSet List along with their associated tags and ratings.
- Swiftly Filter through the ProblemSet by specifying Ratings and Tags.
- View Currently running, Upcoming and all Past contests and also view the precise start date, time, and duration of upcoming contests.
- Fast Folder Creation on a single click for Contests from the Codeforces contest list and Problems from the Codeforces problem list.
- Folder for a contest contains a folder for each problem and also contains all sample test cases and program files for each problem.
- Folder for a problem consists of all its sample test cases and a program file loaded with a template whose path may be specified in the settings.
- Manually create a contest or problem folder by simply specifying name of contest/problem and number of problems.
- Add additional tests to any problem.
- Compile and run any program file against the test cases and get comprehensive results.
- Open the problem statement or submission page with a single click, on your default browser. (You must be logged in to codeforces beforehand to open the submission page successfully)
- Compiler may be selected and compilation flags can be set through the CodePal settings.
- Perform Stress testing to find a counter test case for your code.
- Get a personalized experience of viewing details of your Codeforces profile and the status of problem submissions made, by entering your Codeforces handle in the codepal settings.
- C++ (compiler: g++)
- C (compiler: GCC)
- Java (compiler: javac)
- Note: You may add additional compilation flags through the codepal settings (example: -std=c++14) and also choose between python, python2, or python3 depending upon the python command you use on your system to run.
Operating Systems Supported
Here is a snapshot of the extension
You can install our extension here: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=IEEE-NITK.codepal
You can find the usage guide, developer docs, and demo GIFs here: https://github.com/IEEE-NITK/CodePal/blob/master/README.md
Please do try it and give us your feedback. If you face issues or bugs, please comment on this blog or here. We're planning some more features for our subsequent releases and wish to keep all subsequent releases as smooth functioning and responsive as this.
Thank you :)
UPD 1: MAC support for C++, C, Python and Java are there too now. The version has been updated to 0.0.2.
UPD 2: v1.0.0 Released : New features such as stress testing and keyboard shortcuts have been added. You can also get a personalized experience(User profile details and status of past attempted problems are shown) by entering just your CF handle in CodePal settings.
UPD 3: We are planning to add more features in our extension, so it ll be great if the community of users can file issues in the repository describing any feature they think should be added.
UPD 4: Version 1.0.1 released. Please check out our extension if you haven't. You may view our changelog on our repository to see whats new this release.
UPD 5: There are some open issues regarding some enhancements and feature requests on our repository. If anyone is interested in working on them or contributing to us, feel free to discuss with us in the issues section of our github repository and help make this extension even better for the codeforces community.
UPD 6: We recently released V1.1.0 with some minor changes and an extra feature for manual folder creation as well. Please checkout our changelog for more info on whats new.
UPD 7: NOTE — INCASE SOMEONE WAS WONDERING WHY THE ICONS OF THE EXTENSION GOT MESSED UP YESTERDAY (6th May 2021),IT WAS BECAUSE OF THE LATEST RELEASE OF VS CODE 1.56. WE HAVE UPDATED OUR EXTENSION AS WELL TO V1.1.1 TO FIX THE ICONS. SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE CAUSED!