On Codeforces Round #819: my grumbling and my screencast

Revision en2, by orz, 2022-09-07 07:33:19

Today I participated in Codeforces Round 819 (Div. 1 + Div. 2) and Grimoire of Code Annual Contest 2022. At first glance, this was really a nice contest, and even though some problems were a bit too technical, they did contain some certain ideas (and as to whether these ideas were cool and beautiful, I guess there's no accounting for taste). However, the tests in the harder problems weren't strong enough. For example,

Nevertheless, I screencast the solving process (with my struggling to solve 1726F - Late For Work (submissions are not allowed)) and explanation of problems A–F, and I am now uploading it to YouTube, the video should appear here in several hours. Please leave your feedback (and other cases of high- or low-quality testing in this contest) in the comments!

UPD: While I was sleeping, two news have happened:

1. The video uploaded successfully.

2. The round became unrated because of the problem F, from which I suffered a lot during the contest. (By the way, the suffering had nothing to do with the quality of the tests in this problem or with this issue, I just made stupid bugs). You may read this and this blog to get to know the incident.

Tags bad tests, turmax, lgm, screencast, editorial, nikgaevoy

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en2 English orz 2022-09-07 07:33:19 520
en1 English orz 2022-09-06 22:09:54 1207 Initial revision (published)