How to discover new competitions?

Revision en3, by cantaloupe1, 2022-11-14 09:43:21

I'm sure this has been asked to death but I can't find any great answers. I'm not really sure there are any. I know about clist.by and a few alternatives (most of the alternatives I've seen seem to list a strict subset of clist's contests though). In particular I'd be interesting in finding out about one-off competitions held by a company or university. Recently there were a few that I only stumbled upon by chance, like the Buckeye Programming Contest or the (admittingly flawed) Credit Suisse competition. Ideally I'd like some way of finding out about these without needing to hear from a friend.

Also I've noticed a pretty frustrating trend of a blog being made on Codeforces that only gets a lot of upvotes and comments by people who just did the competition, so I end up finding out about a competition right after it's over. Is there a good way to filter for contest announcements on Codeforces?

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en3 English cantaloupe1 2022-11-14 09:43:21 30
en2 English cantaloupe1 2022-11-14 09:41:51 35 Tiny change: 'answers. I know a' -> 'answers. I'm not really sure there are any. I know a' (published)
en1 English cantaloupe1 2022-11-14 06:02:08 920 Initial revision (saved to drafts)