Editorial For Educational round 143 (E: Explosions)
Разница между en2 и en3, 2 символ(ов) изменены
The first thought we should get here is that,↵

We will try to find the number of moves if we want to explode from ith index,and then we will take the minimum for all i from 1 to n.↵

Now, for each index i we have to calculate the number of moves required in O(1) or O(log(n)).↵

My solution deals with this in O(1) so I will explain that,↵

Ideally before exploding at index i, what we have to do is to make the array strictly decrease from index i to n (except for the fact that we will not decrease any element beyond 0) and strictly increase from index 1 to i (here also we will not decrease any element beyond 0) because this will be the case when the chain reaction will eat all the elements.↵

Now, since elements to the left of index i and to the right of index i are independent now , we will check for them separately.↵

Now let us try to find the number of moves required to make the array increasing from index 1 to i.↵

To do this in O(1):↵

We want to know 2 indexes say i1 and i2 :↵

1. i1 will be the index from where we have to make all the elements equal to 0 all the way to 1st element.↵
   so i1=max(1,i-a[i]).↵

2. now to explain what i2 will be↵
     suppose a case: ↵
     1 2 3 11 12 9 ↵
     if we want to explode at the 6th element we will start decreasing the elements from the 5th index but look carefully ↵
     we don't have to decrease elements beyond 4th element as they are already smaller, so the final array will look like↵
     1 2 3 7 8 9↵
     so in total, there will be a total (12-8)+(11-7)=8 moves required before exploding.↵
 ↵
     So,i2 will tell the 1st index to the left of index i from which we don't have to further decrease elements to make the ↵
     array increasing from index 1 to i.↵
  ↵

We can find i2 using stack datastructure for each index i, How?↵

Suppose we want to calculate i2 for i so,↵

a[i]-(i-i2)<=a[i2] should hold,↵

i.e ↵

a[i]-i<=a[i2]-i2↵

So, using stack we can find i2 for each index i from 1 to n in total of O(n)...(i.e. avg O(1) for each index i) by :↵

(suppose S is our stack of integers containing the indexes of orignal array)↵
   S.push(1);↵
   for(i=2;i<=n;i++){↵
        while(S.size() && a[S.top()]-S.top()>a[i]-i){↵
                 S.pop();↵
        }↵
        i2=0; // i2=0 means , there isn't any valid i2 from 1 to i-1.↵
        if(S.size()) i2=S.top();↵
        S.push(i);↵
   }↵

Now there will be 2 cases :↵
i1<i2 :↵
      In this case, the Number of moves required to make the array strictly increase from index 1 to i will be↵
      (number of moves to make the array strictly increasing from index 1 to i2) +↵
      (number of moves to make the array strictly increasing from index i2+1 to i)↵
      ↵
      we will be storing the number of moves required to make the array strictly increasing from index 1 to index i↵
      so we will get (number of moves to make the array strictly increasing from index 1 to i2) in O(1).↵
      Also,↵
      To calculate  (number of moves to make the array strictly increasing from index i2+1 to i) in O(1)↵
      we will maintain a prefix sum array of a[j]-j say pre1 (the name of this prefix array).↵
      So,↵
      (number of moves to make the array strictly increasing from index i2+1 to i) =↵
      (pre1[i-1]-pre1[i2])-(i-i2-1)*(a[i]-i).↵
 ↵
i1>i2 :↵
      In this case, Number of moves required to make the array strictly increase from index 1 to i will be↵
      (number of moves to make the array strictly increasing from index 1 to i1) +↵
      (number of moves to make the array strictly increasing from index i1+1 to i)↵
      ↵
      To calculate (number of moves to make the array strictly increasing from index 1 to i1)↵
      we just want the sum of elements from index 1 to index i1↵
      which we can easily get by keeping another prefix sum array of a[j]'s ↵
      because we have to make all the elements equal to 0 from 1 to i1.↵

Now,↵
      Calculation of (number of moves to make the array strictly increase from index i1+1 to i) is already described in above ↵
      case of i1<i2.↵
      i.e↵
      (pre1[i-1]-pre1[i1])-(i-i1-1)*(a[i]-i).↵
 ↵
So finally we have got the number of moves required to make the array increasing from index 1 to index i in O(1).↵
A Similar thing, we can do to find the number of moves required to make the array decreasing from index i to index n.↵

Now we can just explode at ith index with power a[i] so in total we will have to expend↵

a[i]+(number of moves required to make the array increase from index 1 to index i)+(number of moves required to make the array decrease from index i to index n).↵

And hence in O(n) we can find the minimum :)↵

solution -> https://codeforces.com/contest/1795/submission/193942204↵

I hope this helps.

История

Правки

Rev. Язык Кто Когда Δ Комментарий
en7 Английский Mayank_Pushpjeet 2023-02-17 05:46:29 24
en6 Английский Mayank_Pushpjeet 2023-02-17 05:34:50 36
en5 Английский Mayank_Pushpjeet 2023-02-17 05:32:10 30
en4 Английский Mayank_Pushpjeet 2023-02-17 05:29:26 26
en3 Английский Mayank_Pushpjeet 2023-02-17 05:28:15 2 Tiny change: 'a[i]).\n\n2. now' -> 'a[i]).\n\n\n2. now'
en2 Английский Mayank_Pushpjeet 2023-02-17 05:27:41 12
en1 Английский Mayank_Pushpjeet 2023-02-17 05:24:42 4801 Initial revision (published)