What to do?

Revision en1, by catalystgma, 2020-05-01 22:19:30

Last Sunday I was close to 1900, so I participated in the educational round. The problems were ok for me, but I made a stupid mistake on C (did brute force for intervals lower than some amount) and got FST (felt dizzy? Idk).

My rating prediction went from +19 to -50.

Today I said “ok, maybe I was nervous, I should participate”. Did awfully, -50, went through a lot of WAs to get AC on A/B/C. D was very awkward for me. My solutions look like spaghetti.

I suck on greedy/constructive problems and combining both results in a disaster. I will take a 2 month break, but I need to know what I have to do in order to improve.

Some DIV2s are great for me, while others make me question myself.

1) Should I solve greedy/constructive/math from here? Did some, not all https://codeforces.com/blog/entry/54526#comment-385354

2) Should I finish the 1800-1899 A2OJ ladder? Did almost half of it, learnt many things, but they were mainly related to DP/DS/Trees/Graphs, things I am relatively ok on (I don’t even have the rating for it now LOL)

3) A lot of virtual contests?

4) Do virtual contests/participate only in Educational rounds, because they have the same writers, so the topics will be generally the same?

5) ???

TY

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en1 English catalystgma 2020-05-01 22:19:30 1256 Initial revision (published)