Introducing cp-notes.com — a place for your interesting competitive programming problems!

Revision en3, by askd, 2021-05-06 06:00:09

tl;dr cp-notes.com is a web application where you can maintain a profile of solved/unsolved problems from several different competitive programming platforms. You can write notes about each problem (with support for LaTeX and images!). If you think your notes for a particular problem are substantial/useful enough, you may choose to publish them so that they will be publicly visible. Public notes can be upvoted, searched for, and will have their own comment section. Receiving upvotes on your public notes will also raise your contribution, for which there is a leaderboard (lol)

Screenshots

Motivation

• I think the primary purpose of my site is to be an improvement tool. In my opinion, in order to "become good," it's necessary to reflect on past problems and try to reuse their ideas. Even adding notes to your profile which you don't write anything about can be helpful in this regard, since they serve as some sort of personal reminder. Of course, I can't really personally attest to the success of this because I suck at CP myself, but I very highly suspect that it's true :^)
  • Reading editorials has to be one of my least favorite parts of CP. It feels quite often that the most helpful insight into the problem is some random comment. This is quite annoying in of itself, since finding this comment usually requires a lot of needless scrolling. A solution to this could be posting such insights as published notes on my website. (On an unrelated note, it's completely understandable that editorials are usually quite informal for the sake of conciseness, writing that stuff is exhausting)
  • This last point is definitely more speculative, but it seems that there's a good number of people who have some desire to share cool thoughts about cool problems! Talking/writing about this stuff is fun — I know I'm not completely alone in having a problems blog which nobody reads.
  • I'm currently on a gap year, and making this site made me feel productive!

Kinda expecting this site to be a complete flop, so give me github stars to fill the void in my soul once it inevitably does! Frontend: https://github.com/askdfjlas/askdfjlas.github.io Backend: https://github.com/askdfjlas/cp-notes-lambda

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en7 English askd 2021-05-28 08:09:16 105
en6 English askd 2021-05-06 16:13:46 44 Tiny change: '**tl;dr** [cp-notes' -> 'tl;dr [cp-notes' (published)
en5 English askd 2021-05-06 06:15:31 71
en4 English askd 2021-05-06 06:00:48 4
en3 English askd 2021-05-06 06:00:09 1123
en2 English askd 2021-05-06 04:54:13 721 Tiny change: 'ol)\n\n### Screen' -> 'ol)\n\n#### Screen'
en1 English askd 2021-05-06 04:24:39 717 Initial revision (saved to drafts)