Rating changes for last rounds are temporarily rolled back. They will be returned soon. ×

AI Cheating

Revision en2, by generaleoley, 2021-07-15 06:46:00

I recently got access to Github's Copilot and it struck me that it could generate a lot of algorithms that someone might not know or even solve some of the simpler problems with ease. Despite this technology being very new, I think it's worth adding a rule restricting or prohibiting the use of certain AI code completers. From what I'm seeing in the development of this field, it's only a matter of years before someone trains an AI that can perform in coding contests at a LGM level.

Examples to demonstrate the power of Copilot:

1. Finding Maximum Subarray
2. Find 2 elements in an array that equal to N
3. Coin Change

I couldn't really make it write out many advanced algorithms but this is for sure going to change in the future. So far I find it's the best with very simple trivial functions (check if number is a power of 2, convert string to integer, check for duplicates, find minimum etc.)

Personally, I'll be coding without copilot in competitive programming because I believe this to just be another form of cheating and doesn't help me get better. Regardless, I want to hear what the community thinks on this matter and if it should be banned or not.

Tags cheating

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en3 English generaleoley 2021-07-15 08:39:13 239
en2 English generaleoley 2021-07-15 06:46:00 1300 Tiny change: 'ge code)\n~~~~~\n\' -> 'ge code)\n\n~~~~~\n\' (published)
en1 English generaleoley 2021-07-14 05:13:38 2904 Initial revision (saved to drafts)