Falsely accused of plagiarism because someone leaked my solution from the hacking room

Revision en1, by JaySharma1048576, 2021-07-19 09:42:22

Today I received a message saying that my solution for problem D of Codeforces Round #733 coincides with more than 20-25 other submissions. First, I got a little confused but now I have an explanation for this.

stopcheatingmyself was in the same room as mine during the contest. I had submitted my solution for problem D at 0:44. He submitted his solution at 0:57 and immediately locked the problem. He then probably saw my solution and leaked it. I am also attaching screenshots of the timestamps to prove my point.

Timestamp of my submission — Timestamp JaySharma1048476

Timestamp of submission by stopcheatingmyself - Timestamp stopcheatingmyself

Moreover, I have given around 120 contests and I have a very clean record. I have also been the setter of Codeforces Round #730 (Div. 2). Such things clearly show that I am not a cheater.

I would request MikeMirzayanov to look into this matter and revert my ratings and solutions back as clearly there is no fault of mine in all this. I would also request him to do something in this regard so that the hacking feature isn't exploited such shamelessly again in the future. I remember that someone else had also raised this issue in the past but it was ignored.

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en1 English JaySharma1048576 2021-07-19 09:42:22 1514 Initial revision (published)