We can view friend standings and we can view rating history graph for individual. Did you want to view rating history graph with friends? At least, I wanted.
Rating history graph on Codeforces uses flot jQuery plug-in and the plug-in support multiple data sequences. Therefore such functionality can be easily implemented. If many Codeforces users want, the functionality will be integrated by admin, hopefully.
So, I made user.js script (v1.3 2015/05/05) to show usefulness of the functionality. The latest code is also at github. [Updated: v0.02] Y-axis is adjusted when higher rating is shown, and message box appears when data can't be obtained properly. [Updated: v0.03] While you log-in, your rating graph appears in any profile page initially. [Updated: v1.2] Red dots for the highest ratings are kept and autocomplete for account names is added.
Please note that this is an experimental script and I am just a newbie for user.js script. On my environment, the user.js script works with the following browser:
- Firefox 3.6.16 with Greasemonkey 0.9.2
- Opera 11.01
- Chrome 10.0
- Install user.js script. This procedure depends on your environment. Please consult manual for your using software.
- Go to a profile page. It is not necessary to be yours. [Updated: v0.03] If you logged-in and go to a profile page other than yours, you can see a graph with your rating graph, like shown as 6, without the following procedure. To be precise, an original graph is shown at first and updated after a while.
- Click legend part, then prompt is shown.
- Enter space-separated accounts you want to view with the account of the profile page, and click OK. [Updated: v1.2] If you type more than or equal to 3 characters, autocomplete is triggered like "Find user" feature.
- Wait seconds.
- Rating graph is updated. Note that the legend moves to bottom-right.
By clicking OK with empty value at prompt, rating graph goes back to original state.
[Updated: v0.03] If you logged-in, your account is entered as default value, except for your profile page. If you want to see an original graph, you need to clear the value and click OK.
Clicking cancel at prompt, rating graph is unchanged.
I hope you enjoy it!