Together with colleagues Schaffhausen Institute of Technology we hold such an event. If you want to study in Switzerland, then perhaps this is your chance!
We are thrilled to announce a new SIT STAR Contest by the Schaffhausen Institute of Technology in Switzerland. The winners will have a chance to get a fully-funded Master’s scholarship in Computer Science and Software Engineering.
What is the SIT STAR Contest?
The goal of the SIT STAR Contest is to promote interest in the field of Computer Science and Software Engineering, give students an opportunity to demonstrate their knowledge of programming, and be considered for a fully-funded graduate scholarship. You can apply to the contest here!
The SIT STAR Contest consists of:
- June 1-7, 2020 | Practice: To familiarize yourself with the testing environment, you will first be granted access to a practice round. You can practice any time from 1st to 7th June 2020. This is an optional step but we highly recommend to take part in it. The results of this round won’t affect the final score.
- June 17, 2020 | SIT STAR Contest: The final round will take place on 17th June. The participants will be given 4 hours to complete it.
- June — July, 2020 | Interviews and Winners announcement: Top participants with the highest scores will be invited for the interviews with the professors from the Schaffhausen Institute of Technology.
The SIT STAR Contest will include 8-12 problems of various levels of difficulty in algorithmic programming.
Here is what we offer for the best candidates of the interview round:
- Several scholarships with 100% tuition coverage for one of the Master’s programs offered by SIT
- Multiple scholarships with 20% tuition coverage for one of the Master’s programs offered by SIT
- Surprise gifts from Switzerland
The number of scholarships will be decided based on the quality of the candidates.
What is the SIT STAR Scholarship?
The SIT STAR Scholarship covers the full cost of tuition at the Schaffhausen Institute of Technology in Switzerland. The scholarships are available for any of the Master’s programs offered by SIT starting in September 2020:
- MSc in Software Engineering and Digital Leadership (4 semesters)
- Double degree in collaboration with Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) in Pittsburgh, the USA, and the National University of Singapore (NUS) in Singapore
- Fast track: MSc in Software Engineering and Digital Leadership (3 semesters)
To be considered for the SIT STAR Scholarship you need to:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any other STEM field
- Speak English at a level sufficient to pursue graduate studies
- Be a resident of Eastern Europe (including Russia), South Asia or Southeast Asia
What is SIT?
SIT is located in Schaffhausen (Switzerland) and founded by entrepreneurs, led by scientists, and advanced by world-class researchers.
Students, academics, and industry need a new model of education for the challenges in today's hyper-connected, data-driven world. SIT bridges the gap between education, research, and applications for industry, unifying them in one institution. SIT research and education removes the traditional barriers between specialities and thrives on interdisciplinarity.
The institute encompasses a global community of prestigious high-ranking science and technology universities, featuring some of the best teaching support in the world. The course offers the unique option of graduating with a dual degree from one of SIT's partner institutes — the Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) in Pittsburgh, United States, or the National University of Singapore (NUS) in Singapore.
The SIT International Master Program in Computer Science and Software Engineering prepares the technology leaders of the future. By combining in-depth technical education in computer science, software engineering, and other advanced technologies with training in management and decision-making sciences, it fills the needs of innovative companies for a new generation of leaders, both technically expert and management-savvy.
The SIT program is flexible and adapted to many different individual situations. It is available both onsite in Schaffhausen and in an online offering, as well as any onsite-online combination. It offers qualified students attractive scholarships and the possibility of a second year in one of our partner universities in Europe, the USA, and Asia.
What should I do to participate in the SIT Star Contest?
- Love solving programming challenges
- Fill out the contest registration form
- Register at Codeforces using a special link you will receive in the confirmation email. Please fill in the same email address you used in the registration form.
If you have any further queries, please reach out to email@example.com