CodeChef will be hosting the 5th Lockout Competition tomorrow, immediately after the end of SnackDown Round 1A. Lockout is an intense and fast-paced coding competition between two top competitive programmers, incorporating an esports kind of feeling in competitive programming.
This lockout match will be between 2 top coders, who were also (respectively) the winner and the host of the 2020 Lockout Championship:
- Alex Danilyuk (Um_nik) — a 7* coder on CodeChef with a peak rating of 3567 on Codeforces. He is the ICPC 2020 World Champion, and also the head CodeChef admin.
- Jay Leeds (Geothermal) — a 7* coder on CodeChef with a peak rating of a 2927 on Codeforces. He was a bronze medalist in the ICPC 2020 Invitational Contest, and also the Facebook HackerCup Finalist in 2020.
- Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6AlVoCcmxM
- Time: 23rd October 9:00 PM IST.
- Contest Duration: 1 hour
- Participants: Alex Danilyuk (Um_nik) vs Jay Leeds (Geothermal)
- Commentators: This match would be hosted by Nischay Manwani (EnEm), who was also the host for the 1st CodeChef Lockout.
- There will be 6 problems, with scoring distribution: 101, 202, 304, 408, 516, 632.
- If a participant solves a problem first, then his opponent cannot gain the score for that problem.
- The player with the higher score at the end wins.
The contest link will be posted when the stream starts. Good luck to the participants!
Edit: Contest link: https://www.codechef.com/LOCKOUT5