Use cases of chat GPT in Competitive Programming

Revision en1, by VLamarca, 2023-09-12 01:06:07

Today was the first day I successfully used Chat GPT in codeforces. To be very clear, chat gpt did not come up with the solution, I came up with it. I only used it to write the code for a specific annoying part that is well known. I should probably just have something like that in the lib. Here is the submission. I probably just saved a few minutes. I also had to adjust a few things like reading the input, writing an extra if, etc. But chat gpt successfully did what I asked for it in an optimal way.

This was the prompt I used for Chat GPT 4: “An array A of length n can be seen as a graph where i has a directed edge to A[i]. Each vertex has 1 outgoing edge. There are some cycles in the graph. I think the name is a cactus. Write a code in cpp where given A you list all the sizes of the cycles”

On another example, I also remember trying to use chat gpt to search for some advanced level math theorems, but I failed to find with it. I was looking for something like this Given 2n integers, prove there is always a subset of size n whose sum is multiple of n for this problem, but I failed.

Do people have other use cases for chat gpt in Competitive Programming? I assume the main one is just coding a few simple things faster, and probably more accurately then most people, but the problem solving ability is still not good enough for problems above Div3A or B (fortunately or unfortunately wink wink).

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en1 English VLamarca 2023-09-12 01:06:07 1713 Initial revision (published)