How can I go further?

Revision en2, by duckladydinh, 2016-06-27 21:05:05

Hi guys,

Coding for several years, all I can say is that Competitive Programming is so great that I love it so much, despite my innumerable failures and the enormous amount of time it takes. I have always happily enjoyed it until I read this.

I hate to say this but I have to admit that what other people say about us (or at least me), competitive programmers, is true: We are not so great as we are supposed to be. As a Computer Science student, I feel it myself too. When it comes to learning a new programming language, it has always been so easy for me, but then I recognise that I can only learn as much as the previous one, to compete here on Codeforces, but not anywhere else. I could not build anything useful like an OS or an IDE when I was using Pascal and neither can I now when I have already know C/C++, Python, Matlab, Java... I feel so disappointed about myself.

I also want to build something useful just like when Linus Torvald built his first Linux Kernel. That kernel was written in C, and I know C but I am still unable to do anything similar. I hate this. I hate the feeling of being inferior to those people who called themselves professional programmers. I hate that but how and what can I do?

I hope that some of you have similar feelings like me, and I would like to know your thinking and experience, about how we can go further, go beyond what we currently are.

Thank you for your time and consideration. HAPPY CODING

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en2 English duckladydinh 2016-06-27 21:05:05 4 Tiny change: 't but how what can ' -> 't but how and what can '
en1 English duckladydinh 2016-06-27 21:03:16 1520 Initial revision (published)