Is every competitive programmer self made? Help!

Revision en1, by katana_handler, 2019-12-12 12:27:36

I'm sorry for the long paragraph but please read before down voting.

Somebody told me that every competitive programmer is self made and that made me feel bad because I always got help when ever I got stuck. When I started CP I was very bad at implementation and algorithms and at every point someone always told me what to do with my code, it could be my friend, teacher, trainer etc. Only after a year I was at a position where I was doing okay.

And when this person said that "every competitive programmer is self made" it made me feel bad because if every competitive programmer is self made then even though I am doing okay now, my first year was not self made at all and it makes me think that I am not good/meant for CP.

So I need to know how correct or incorrect is the statement "every competitive programmer is self made" because this is really affecting me. I really hope I get some clarity from here because this is one of the best platform I can get help.

So my question is, Is every competitive programmer self made? If yes, how do you define "self made". Please be honest while answering.

Thank you and

Sorry again to waste your time on a non-technical query.

Tags #cp

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en1 English katana_handler 2019-12-12 12:27:36 1244 Initial revision (published)