Just built my own HTTP server

Revision en1, by MaxWelll, 2024-03-12 02:11:47

Some days ago I completed all stages of the CodeCrafters "Build your own HTTP server" challenge in C++. My code was made to pass each stage of the challenge, but I took some extra time to refactor it into something that I could use in the future.

Check out my code on GitHub and feel free to share your feedback!

These are some of the issues I know exist or questions and would like to address:

• I have some issues with posting files:

• posting images, for example, doesn't work. I dont get the same file as the one I posted
    • I also just noticed that when posting text files it doesn't write the end lines
  • My Dispatcher takes a std::function<HttpResponse(HttpRequest&, std::vector<std::string>)> and then uses it to get a HttpResponse. But in some cases, (by now just when the response is built with .stream) I'm taking a reference to a stream that is built inside the function, when the function end it goes out of scope. Any elegant workaround for this? In my case I just declared the stream outside of my dispatcher build, but that's just a hack.

• The base code given for the socket connection seems like it uses a C-style API. Is there any C++ way of using sockets?

Tags c++, side-project, http-server

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en1 English MaxWelll 2024-03-12 02:11:47 1361 Initial revision (published)