Let's get some data :D [a short survey]

Revision en1, by Alex7, 2016-05-08 15:33:12

So I'm very curious to see how those factors correlate to your codeforces rating and other competitive programming accomplishments.

I hope that enough people will answer those questions so we'd get a representative sample and see what works on average and what doesn't.

1- How old were you when you solved your first competitive programming problem? 2- What is your primary programming language? 3- How many hours do you (on average) train weekly? 4- How many hours do you estimate that you've trained your entire life? 5- How many minutes do you spend on average thinking about a problem before giving up and reading the tutorial? 6- How many hours do you sleep on average? 7- Do you drink coffee and/or other caffeinated beverages during competitions?
8- Do you drink coffee and/or other caffeinated beverages during training? 9- How many years have you been training? 10- How much did your school promote critical thinking Rate on the scale of 1-10 (1 being rote learning all memorization no thinking at all and 10 being awesome super genius teachers) 11- How many months did it take you to reach Div 1?

I know that those are a lot of questions but please answer them so I can prepare some wonderful graphs and stats.

Also feel free to suggest any other factors that might have some impact.

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en3 English Alex7 2016-05-08 16:14:53 114
en2 English Alex7 2016-05-08 15:33:43 38
en1 English Alex7 2016-05-08 15:33:12 1359 Initial revision (published)