Gordian Knot is a Project Euler styled contest that challenges you to untangle the intricate enigmas of mathematics. Feel free to deploy your programming skills to make your life easy. Variety of problem set is slightly different from typical Project Euler styled contests, so we hope that you find the problem set crisp and enjoyable :)
Gordian Knot belongs to same chain of technical events called Threads, which recently organized : Codecraft (on codeforces) & Fool's programming (on codechef). You can follow Threads blog on Quora too, on which we will be adding more articles soon. Presently, we have a unique system design contest called 'SysCraft' running and 'Kings of Machine Learning' lined up too.
- We will release short editorial for 5 most popular problems.
- You can ask for hints here if you are stuck on some problems, during last few hours we will provide hints on selected problems. Others strictly refrain from discussing/commenting about problems or posting hints/solutions.
So, can you solve 24 problems in 24 hours? (We have extra bonus problems)
Get your maths and programming skills brushed up by taking on our challenge and grab one of 20 T-shirts :)
- Problem statements for P6,10,12,13 have been simplified. Please re-check.
- Solutions for P21 have been re-judged.
- Hint Phase begins! Ask us for hints, We wish to help you solve whole of the problemset :)
- EXTENDED CONTEST till 8 pm today. We really want to see someone solve whole of problemset, hope you make best use of it!
- J.T.J.L. & zimpha unlocked level-7!
- akashdeep *
- jtnydv25 *
- usaxena95 *
- triveni *
- xenny *
- hitman623 *
- amwat *
- cerberus97 *
- teja349 *
- pulkitjain41 *
- shubhiks1032 *
*will get T-shirts! Congratulations. It was great to see a lot of people putting most of their day to the 36hr long contest, thankyou all for that. We had to re-write problem description for clarity in few problems, sorry for the inconvenience. We hope that you enjoyed solving the problems. Feel free to pm if you have suggestions/comments.
We will be publishing 5-popular problems' editorial as promised sooner this week :)