We are excited to invite everyone to the Quora Programming Challenge 2022, a free programming competition open to participants from around the world*! The competition will take place on February 5, 2022 from 14:00 to 18:00 (UTC + 00:00). We had a successful challenge last year with great participation and positive feedback for the problems, so we’re excited to do it again this year!
Quora (https://www.quora.com/) is a platform to ask questions, get useful answers, and share what you know with the world. In this contest, we include some problems inspired by real-world challenges that Quora engineers faced building and growing the product. In addition to competitive programming-style questions, there will also be some machine learning problems. We hope that this contest will be fun for everyone!
You will be given several algorithm problems and a few machine learning problems.
- Algorithm problems: These are competitive programming-style questions that have strictly algorithmic solutions. It is possible to achieve a full score on these problems.
- Machine Learning problems: These are problems around machine learning concepts. Scoring is problem-dependent, based on a scaled accuracy metric. It may not be possible to achieve a full score on these problems.
The top contestants will be able to win the following prizes:
- 1st place: $3000 USD
- 2nd place: $2000 USD
- 3rd place: $1000 USD
- 4th to 10th place: $200 USD
- 11th to 20th place: $100 USD
- Top 100 places: Quora T-Shirt
Our recruiting team will also be reaching out to top participants for their interest in interviewing for roles at Quora. We recently became a remote-first company, so you don’t have to relocate to work with us.
Hope to see you at the contest!
Register here by February 3, 2022 16:00 (UTC + 00:00): https://www.quora.com/careers/challenge.
For any feedback or questions, please comment on this post or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Except for excluded countries. Full details, including the dates and rules of the competition, can be found here