Code Monk: Minimum Spanning Tree

Revision en1, by belowthebelt, 2015-07-29 17:25:06

Hello, Codeforces community!

Firstly, I want to apologize to all of you for not posting about Code Monk previously. I realize now that it could have probably helped a lot of people who are beginners to competitive programming, but anyway, I don't think it is still late to introduce it! :)

Let me tell you about Code Monk. I was working with HackerEarth for a while in this summer, where MDCCXXIX and I came up with this idea.

The truth is that the Internet is full of learning resources for anyone who wants to become a better programmer. However, we felt, that there was no single place, where one could find information and practice as well as on the topics required to feel confident about a lot of topics. This is one of the reasons why many programmers in the pursuit of learning competitive programming attain a level of saturation after a while. They face difficulty in consuming content from different sources.

This led us to start Code Monk – a weekly series of tutorials on topics, starting from the basics of algorithm and gradually moving on to more complicated concepts. Every tutorial is followed by a short programming challenge to test your understanding!

That's how this page was created: Code Monk :) — you guys can take a look at whatever topics have been covered already on this page directly. I know, the categories are not very well arranged as of now. There's a lot to be done on that page. Don't worry, the changes will keep happening!

--

But, here I want to invite you guys to the contest which begins in an hour. (Sorry for such a short notice!) The contest is based on Minimum Spanning Trees. The link to the contest: Code Monk: Minimum Spanning Tree

The setter and the translator of the contest is: shef_2318 and the tester and the editorialist is: I_love_Tanya_Romanova. They've worked extremely hard on making this contest a unique experience for people who want to strengthen their concepts of Minimum Spanning Trees.

Good luck to everyone, and have fun! :)

PS: Feedback / ideas / criticism — everything is welcome.

Tags hackerearth, codemonk, monk, oldmonk

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en1 English belowthebelt 2015-07-29 17:25:06 2351 Initial revision (published)