Improvement of Editorial for difficult problems

Revision en1, by bully....maguire, 2020-03-25 19:32:18

This post is on serious issue. Currently my level is DIV2-C,D (during contest i am mostly able to solve C and sometimes D) . Whenever i fail to solve any problem (say D) and i see editorial i am able to understand the solution very quickly most of the times .

But when i see solution for problem E or F , sometimes i find to understand the editorial itself ! Why ? Because most authors write solution in a way which can be only understood by person who is able to solve problems of that difficulty level most of the time .

But the problem is it becomes difficult for people to improve fast.They either do not upsolve or take days to figure out what editorial want's to say . Now some RED people might say that editorial don't explain fully or give proper details because they want YOU TO THINK . But editorial can be written by adding spoilers such that a person first tries on his own to understand and then if not able to he can read the spoiler .Please see following editorial written by T.M William Link . I want such type of editorial on coding platforms.That is education ! First try on your own and if not able to succeed seek the help ! you can't keep figuring out whole life.

May be time is issue for writing good editorials .But quailty > time .Take 1/2 day for releasing the tutorial but write them properly .

You can see past contests and observe that number of people who solve a problem (D/E/F) is proportional to the quality of editorial .Else people keep commenting to explain them properly in simple words etc .

I will also accept suggestions from people on how to read editorial properly .

Tags request, help, general

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en6 English bully....maguire 2020-03-26 06:07:41 2 Tiny change: 'eople who solve a pr' -> 'eople who upsolve a pr'
en5 English bully....maguire 2020-03-25 20:17:54 11 Tiny change: 'e solution for probl' -> 'e solution(editorial) for probl'
en4 English bully....maguire 2020-03-25 20:16:53 80
en3 English bully....maguire 2020-03-25 19:59:47 10 Tiny change: 'es i find to unders' -> 'es i find difficult to unders'
en2 English bully....maguire 2020-03-25 19:37:25 2 Tiny change: 's .But quailty > time ' -> 's .But quality > time '
en1 English bully....maguire 2020-03-25 19:32:18 1719 Initial revision (published)