My ideas about Codeforces

Revision en4, by Lyde, 2020-05-13 13:10:18

Hello Codeforces!

I have been in Codeforces for about 7 weeks. And I love it.

Exciting problems, understandable and interesting problems, comments, blogs, .....

Codeforces, in my opinion, is the perfect environment for attending contests and solving problems for people like me.

And as I am using Codeforces, I got a bunch of dumb ideas that I think MikeMirzayanov shouldn't apply it into Codeforces, but if he did, it would be quite interesting.

So today I would like to share them with you guys!

(Please don't take this blog too seriously, this is just my ideas. And sorry for bad English, I guess)

1. Rating

I quite agree with this website's rating. But "the International Master"'s rating ranges make nonsense, I think. Because others need at least 200 ratings to reach new colors (or new rates), while this need 100 ratings to reach Grandmaster. Also, we need a 2100 rating to reach Master, which I think is a little bit too high. So, the rating should change like this:

1800-2000: Candidate Master;

2000-2200: Master;

2200-2400: International Master.

That would be better for me.

2.Contests

I love contests and problems here. A little bit queue and "hard to understand" problems are okay for me.

But the delta is a little bit too unfair, especially in Div.4. If you attended Codeforces Round #640, you might know that some pupils or even newbies have become Experts, which is too much.

So to make ratings fairer, I think we should make ranges of deltas higher in Div 1,2 than Div 3,4, like if in Div 2, top 1 increases 300 in ratings, in Div 4 should be like 100.

And also I don't think there should be too many subtasks, because it would be annoying if you can't solve the first subtask, I guess.

3.Emojis

I am pretty much surprised that the comment section in blogs doesn't include emojis. If it has emojis, the comment section would be more diverse. Yes, I know that emojis aren't sound good at a coding website, but I want more than just :) and xD, ok?

4.Friend requests

Let's stop a little bit to see tourist's profile.

You can see that he now has 25,645 friends.

But most of them are not friends.

They are pretty much fans.

Friends need friendship, in my opinion. According to Wikipedia, friendship is a relationship of mutual affection between people. And most of the tourist's "fans" are not.

I think that there should have "friend requests" to distinguish friends and fans. That would be much better to communicate with your "real" friends and not being affected by "fans". I personally like this idea the most.

Okay that's it! That's some of my ideas about Codeforces.

And once again, this is just my ideas, don't take it too seriously.

Any questions or thoughts about this blog, comment below.

Thanks for reading!

Stay safe!

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en5 English Lyde 2020-05-14 14:27:04 0 (published)
en4 English Lyde 2020-05-13 13:10:18 75 Reverted to en2
en3 English Lyde 2020-05-13 13:07:29 75 Reverted to en1
en2 English Lyde 2020-05-13 12:22:14 75 (saved to drafts)
en1 English Lyde 2020-05-13 11:19:22 3018 Initial revision (published)