VSCode C++ Class Completion

Revision en2, by DrSwad, 2021-05-20 17:33:00

Demo

Hello Codeforces!

I used to code in Sublime Text before using the awesome FastOlympicCoding plugin by Jatana. It had a really cool feature that allowed me to autocomplete long and tedious class types based on just the initials, for example, typing mipii would result in map<int, pair<int, int>>.

But since switching to VSCode, I've been looking for such an extension with this functionality for very long. But I'm quite surprised to find none (given VSCode's rich extension culture).

So, I tried writing one on my own. I also added a few extra features, such as, variable number of parameters (for tuples) and putting numbers in template parameters (for arrays). Since the extension is completely new, I doubt you'll find it in the marketplace just by the name. But I was able to find it by searching drswad.vscode-cpp-class-completion. Or you can try the direct URL too I think.

The usage should be straight-forward, but you can view the details in the repository if you need to. You're welcome to give it a go and I'll be very happy to receive any feedback. Also, if you have found an issue or have any feature request, kindly open an issue in the repository. Pull requests are most welcome. Enjoy!

Important Note: In order make sure that the class completions are prioritized before all other suggestions, set the editor.snippetSuggestions to top in your editor's settings.json file.

Tags #vscode, #extension

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en2 English DrSwad 2021-05-20 17:33:00 199 Added the important note at the bottom
en1 English DrSwad 2021-05-20 12:55:58 1554 Initial revision (published)